Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Competition for September 2010

Gwendolyn is the winner of last month's blog candy and therefore I will use her idea for this month's competition. Her idea is:

Create a layout or project based on the lyrics of Milow's song: 'One Of It'.

You can use the lyrics as inspiration or use some of the words in your journaling or use one of the lines as your title ... it doesn't matter! Milow is otherwise known as Jonathan Vandenbroeck. He is a 27 year-old Belgian singer-songwriter. Here are the lyrics of the song 'One Of It':

You came over like a midnight appetite
Nobody believes me now
I ran across and
Saw thousand people on my way
On my way on my way out

One of it, two of it
One of it, we'll make
The most of it
You'll love it

You left me out there
In the early morning rain
Why would you believe me now
I'm only trying to protect my point of view
I want you to let me in

And you'll try
To give me something to give me
Something
We're onto something we're onto
Something
Let's try

Can you count me in
Can you count me in


Whether you know this song or not, I think it can be a fun competition with lots of different possibilities. If you'd like to participate, please email me a picture of your layout or project (if you want you can also include another picture or two with details of your layout) to me before midnight on the 30th of September 2010.

Here are some more 'rules' and details:

  • The winner will be announced in the first days of October 2010.
  • The winner will be determined by the Random Number Generator.
  • Each layout will get a number, which can be seen on the September 2010 slideshow on the right side of the blog.
  • Please understand that you can only send me one layout/ project for each competition every month. I would like everyone who participates to have an equal chance!
  • Don't forget: please let me know your blog address (if you have one), so I can link the layout to your own blog!

IMPORTANT: this competition is open to ANYONE, ANYWHERE in the world!!! It doesn't matter if you live in the US, Europe, Australia, Africa ... I will post the prize to you regardless where you live!


The winner will receive the prize pack pictured above, which has the following items:

  • chipboard set 'Turn Turn Turn For Every Purpose' (Buzz & Bloom)
  • chipboard set 'Enchanting' (Pink Paislee)
  • die cut transparant borders 'French Twist' (Autumn Leaves)
  • clear stamp 'Destination' (Heidi Swapp)
  • clear stamp 'Precious' (Heidi Swapp)
  • clear stamp set of 18 stamps 'Christian' (Scripture by Design)
  • clear stamp set 'Friendship' (KaiserCraft)
  • acrylic block for your clear stamps

2 comments:

Gwendolyn said...

Wow, wat leuk dat ik heb gewonnen! En ik ben natuurlijk dat mijn challenge de nieuwe challenge is! Ik ga maar eens snel bedenken wat ik daar mee ga doen!

Nogmaals dank je wel! Groetjes Gwendolyn

RubyM said...

Cool idea. I am going to use some of the lyrics in my project.