Thursday, November 11, 2010

Yipeee ... the first layout has arrived!

Yipeee ... Francine sent me a layout shortly after my previous message! This is the message she wrote:

Hi Ingeborg,

Well, we can't have you feeling forgotten, so here is my layout for this month. I am going to make it into a two page layout, and was going to wait till I'd made the second page, but then read your post, so here it is!

I absolutely love how this layout turned out! I love the photo, the papers I used, and of course the beautiful sketch! I actually made the purple/green paper behind the photo myself! I made a kaleidoscope from another photo I took at the same time, then added some (digital) brushes to it and printed it out. I made a template for the shape and cut it out. The square tile embellishments were made from the same kaleidoscope as the paper. I also used some adhesive designs which I added flocking to for the three 'leaves' under the flowers at the top and bottom.

In case you're wondering about the title, this photo is of a field full of a plant called Paterson's Curse (in South Australia though it is called Salvation Jane). It is called this because it is toxic to livestock. After the Canberra bushfires in 2003, many horses were put down from eating this plant. So, although it is a 'curse' at the same time it is a most beautiful sight! I pass this field every day on my way to and from work, and have seen people stopped there on more than one occasion with their cameras out, just like I did!

Anyway, I hope you like it!

Francine

So ... now there is waiting for the next layout to come! Thanks Francine!

1 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful purple shades, my favorite colors, I just emailed my entry to you, thanks for a beautiful sketch to play with this month!