Friday, April 1, 2011

April 2011 Sketch Competition

Create a layout based on my sketch below and email me a picture of your layout (if you want you can also include another picture or two with details of your layout) before midnight on the 30th of April 2011).

Here are some more 'rules' and details:
  • The winner will be announced in the first few days of May 2011.
  • The winner will be determined by the Random Number Generator.
  • Each layout will get a number, which can be seen on the April 2011 slide show on the right side of this blog.
  • Please understand that you can only send me one layout every month. I would like everyone who participates to have an equal chance!
  • Don't forget: please let me know your blog address (if you have one), so I can link the layout to you own blog! Please send the link to your blog every time you participate; I don't keep all the emails from previous months and it would take me way too much time to search for them all the time ... Sorry.

IMPORTANT: this competition is open to ANYONE, ANYWHERE in the world!!! It doesn't matter if you live in the US, Europe, Australia, Africa ... I will post the prize to you regardless where you live!

The winner will receive the prize pack pictured above, which has the following items:
  • Embellishment Book "Cats" (Déja Views)
  • Journaling Spots (Heidi Swapp)
  • Chipboard Embellishments (Buzz & Bloom)
  • Rubons (Delish Designs)
  • Mask (Heidi Swapp)
  • Rubons "Cats" (Déja Views)
  • Die Cuts Transparent Borders (Autumn Leaves)
  • Stickers 'Tabloid Girl"(Autumn Leaves)
I cannot wait to see all those gorgeous entries coming in again! Have fun! This is a layout I made a few months ago. I used it to create this month's sketch:

My good friend Nienke, whom I have known for more than 20 years, was celebrating 19 years of marriage at the time I made the layout. So ... I decided to grab the boxes of photos that I still have to scrap ... these are photos of the two of us taken on her wedding day in September 1991. I loved scrapping those photos, because we surely had fun that day!

I started with a sheet of white cardstock. I normally tend to put my picture(s) in the middle of my layout, but this time I wanted to do it differently and put them more to the sides of the paper. I also wanted to use a few pictures, since I tend to make a lot of layout with only one picture.

I started with two strips of patterned paper. I wanted to have a 'base' for the pictures I was going to use.

I added some ribbon and some paper ribbon next to the patterned paper.

I added my photos with little square foam dots, because I wanted to be able to add more embellishments under the photos. Therefore I only stuck them on lightly.

I went through my stash and looked for paper flowers, silk flowers, felt flowers, buttons, pearls, rhinestones and transparencies to use on the layout. I glued some of them on my layout.

I wanted more colour and added more embellishments:

And ... I wanted to use something 'unusual' ... so I went to my gift wrapping basket and got some curling ribbon and used that for a final touch:

4 comments:

Caroline Hackney said...

Inge, what an exuberant LO! The contrast between the B&W photos and bright colours in the embellishments works really well. I love your step-by-step tutorials.

Karen said...

Great sketch Ingeborg and you layout is beautiful as always.

Pam AKA: picnic said...

wow love the way you showed this LO in progress... super cool

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

Inge.. I just adore your layout.. and the step by step is so cool.. I can never do that.. too much going on with my layotus.. LOL.. Really like the sketch this month.. hope to find time to do it.. am immigrating to Australia soon from South Africa so a big mad at the moment..
Hugs, Mich